Wednesday, November 23, 2011

UNLOADING YOUR DISHWASHER MADE EASY


I often handed the chore of unloading the dishwasher off to the kids because, well I hate doing it. Turns out to be a good thing because by watching them I actually learned a lot. You see, kids are lazy. They think in advance of doing. What they did was stack all the dishes, cups, containers, etc. on the counter in piles so that the dishwasher is fully unloaded, save the cutlery, and then they would transfer everything to the appropriate shelves. No back and forth... Brilliant!

And since this discovery, I have since simplified my inventory too. All my containers are now glass and stack easily, with lids in a separate drawer, and the dishes I use on a daily basis are all the same so they stack and fit perfectly exactly where they are supposed to fit. If you're asking, yes, my dishes are white... it helps keep things simple.

As for storage of your simple dishes and glasses, try some open shelves for those things you use daily. They won't get dusty if you use them all the time, and if they all match each other, it will look neat and pretty in the open. No cupboard doors to open and close so one less step in unloading too! Hmm, I don't have open shelves... yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment