Thursday, January 26, 2012

EXTREME COUPONING - WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

I can't believe there is a show on TV called Extreme Couponing! Thankfully this is not possible in Canada, and I say thankfully, because I find it such a waste of time and energy. You need a big house to store all the stuff - which means more to clean and heat, and you get stuff you don't really need. And wouldn't 50 containers of mustard go bad before your family could consume it all?

I tend to think of this as organized 'hoarding'. It is an addiction and it serves  no one any good to be buying things simply because there is a coupon. Not to mention so many of the things I see on this TV show being tossed into the carts is junk food.

I have personally chosen to not use coupons at all. I find it simplifies my life since I don't have to store, search and keep track of them. And most importantly, I just don't get coerced into buying things I may not really need. I might not save a few dollars a week, but I'm OK with that. I would rather take the extra time to make my own coffee at home and save the $2.00 I would spend at the coffee shop otherwise.

It's all a matter of choice. I choose to simplify when it comes to coupons. It makes me feel good, and isn't that what life's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment